Each year, thousands of unwanted animals end up in shelters because people cannot afford to spay or neuter their pets. Although Humans & Animals United is able to help a great many of these animals each year avoid uncertain fates in the shelter system, we still have dreams of doing more.
Humans & Animals United now offers pet owners with genuine financial need the opportunity to have their pet spayed or neutered for free or at low cost, depending on their household income.
- Our cost to spay or neuter is very cost efficient. Low-income pet owners typically only pay a portion of those costs depending on their household income.
- Dogs must be at least four months old and weigh five pounds.
- Humans & Animals United or the animal owners schedule the surgery with our partner veterinary clinic and must be able to transport their pet to and from the clinic.
- Other services may be offered to you at the time of surgery. If you choose these as an option they are your responsibility to pay for at the time of service.
- *Additional costs may be incurred if your pet is in heat or exceeds 75 pounds.
If you have questions about our program or if you would like to apply to receive assistance, please email us at email@example.com. You will be sent an application, and once we receive your application completed, it will take about a week for us to process the order through a clinic. Please be prepared to show proof of income in the form of a pay-stub or unemployment stub.